|Sisters in Spirit (SIS) is a group of Parish women committed to building up the reign of God with love by joyfully fostering spiritual growth, fellowship, and service, rooted in prayer. Of primary importance to our members is growing in faith and personal spiritual development. Some examples of our efforts in this area include:
- Adoration - spending an hour in Adoration in the Portiuncula Chapel with guided prayer and music
- Spiritual Devotion Workshop - Discovering our Personal Vocation, led by Sacred Heart Sisters
- Bead for Life Fundraiser - helping Ugandan women lift their families out of extreme poverty
- Lenten Soup Suppers - sisters prepare and serve delicious soups to our parish families during Lent
- Nouwen Nights - a group of sisters read several books by spiritual author Henri Nouwen, with discussion and prayerful contemplation
- The Great Adventure Bible Timeline - we learned more about the time periods in the bible, from creation thru the resurrection
- Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World - written by a protestant author, our group modified this excellent book discussion to fit our Catholic theology
- Potluck Dinners - after sharing a meal, one or more sisters prepares a "Spiritual Garden" in which some aspect of Catholicism is discussed, from Saints, to the Catholic Church in the news
- Movie Night - we sisters simply get together, make popcorn and watch movies (sometimes Catholic or spiritual, sometimes secular but wholesome)
You can find a member of SIS at almost any parish activity! Is the Holy Spirit calling you to explore SIS? Contact Linda Small at 688-3715.
Sunday, December 7
11:30 am - 1 pm
Join the Sisters in praying a Rosary, sharing ideas for future gatherings and enjoying pot luck brunch - location to be announced!