For Catholics, a Sacrament is an outward, visible sign that conveys an inward, spiritual grace. A sacrament is a Christian rite that mediates divine grace—a holy mystery. The sacraments celebrated by the Church are signs of grace that make a deeper reality present to us. One reality we encounter through the sacraments is Christ’s presence in the Church community, his Body. This recognition of Christ’s presence in the community should lead to a stronger awareness of being sent on mission to engage in love-inspired action in the world.
Guided by the Holy Spirit, the Church recognizes the existence of Seven Sacraments instituted by the Lord. They are the Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Confirmation, the Eucharist), the Sacraments of Healing (Penance and the Anointing of the Sick), and the Sacraments at the Service of Communion (Marriage and Holy Orders). Through the Sacraments, God shares his holiness with us so that we, in turn, can make the world holier.
At Old Mission Santa Inés, we have the following sacramental preparation programs that are structured for all age groups from infants to adults:
Sacrament of Baptism
- Infant Baptism – our Infant Baptism program prepares parents and godparents for their infant's baptism
- Children & Youth Baptism- our Religious Education program prepares children and youth for baptism
- Adult Baptism – our R.C.I.A. program prepares adult candidates for initiation into the Catholic faith
Sacrament of Confirmation
- Youth preparation - our Youth Ministry and Confirmation program prepares children and teens for confirmation
- Adult preparation – our R.C.I.A. program prepares non-Catholics for confirmation while our Adult Confirmation program prepares those over 18 who have been baptized Catholic as an infant or child.
Sacrament of Reconciliation
English: Saturday 4:00 - 4:45PM
En Español: Saturday 6:15 - 6:45PM
- Children & youth preparation is offered as part of our Religious Education program
- Adult Preparation for non-Catholics studying in the RCIA program
- Adult Preparation for Adults who have been baptized Catholic as an infant or child is conducted in our Adult Confirmation program.
Sacrament of Anointing
Parish Healing Mass - Call the Parish Office for dates and times
Sacrament of Matrimony
Marriages and Weddings - Contact Parish Office for Marriage preparation
Annulments - Contact Parish Office