Congratulations on your engagement!
We welcome Catholic marriages here in the church at beautiful Old Mission Santa Inés.
The following information should help you prepare for your wedding.
- Arrangements must be made with a priest at Old Mission Santa Inés at least six months in advance.
- If you are not a parishioner at the Mission a letter from your parish priest giving permission to be married outside of your parish is required.
- Your marriage preparation paperwork will be completed at your local parish or parish closest to you and forwarded to Old Mission Santa Inés 30 days before your wedding ceremony.
- Outside Los Angeles Archdiocese couples: Marriage paperwork is completed at your local parish and forwarded to Old Mission Santa Inés through your diocese.
- Wedding date is scheduled only after the couple has met with their local priest and the assessment process has been completed.
- Church Fee: For parishioners (a worshipping, contributing, active member in the life of the parish) the fee is $800; for non-parishioners the fee is $1,800. A deposit of $400 is due when the date is reserved, with the balance to be paid at least one month before the wedding. The coordinator’s fee is included. The church fee does not include a good-will offering to the officiating priest.
- Officiating Priest: The priests at Old Mission Santa Inés will gladly officiate at your wedding, pending the availability of the church and the priest. We also welcome a visiting priest of your choice to celebrate or concelebrate. Pastor must give delegation to the visiting Catholic priest. A priest residing at Old Mission Santa Inés must also be available on that date in case a visiting priest must cancel on short notice.
- For a Catholic marriage at least one of the parties must be baptized a Catholic.
- If a Catholic person marries an unbaptized person, a special dispensation is required.
- The Mass (Eucharistic/Communion) is part of the celebration of marriage between 2 Catholics.
- Freedom to marry: Couple entering into marriage need to be free to marry, previously married person/party must have official declaration of nullity (annulment) or dissolution from their church.
- Liturgy of the word: Couples will select the readings, Responsorial Psalm, prayers of the Faithful, the readers and submit their selections with your marriage preparation paperwork or email to your wedding coordinator
POLICY & PROCEDURES 2016 GUIDLINES:
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed on the premises before or after the wedding rehearsal or wedding ceremony.
- Bird seed, rice, flower petals, confetti, potpourri, or fruit are not allowed inside or outside of the church.
- Invitations: Before ordering your invitations, please confirm date and time with your local priest preparing your for the sacrament of matrimony.
- Flowers: Flower bouquets may be positioned at either side of the altar. Any florist my be used. The possibility of sharing flowers with other couples being married on the same day may be planned (share expense). Please do not deliver anything before the day of the wedding.
- Taping decorations to the pews is NOT allowed.
- Music: To arrange for music, please call soloist Erica Miller (805)688-0936 or Peggy McHale(
805)693-8696. Fees are to be paid to them directly. You may elect to use your own musicians. All music should be approved by the wedding coordinator.
- Photographers: please select your photographer carefully and instruct him/her to spend no more than 30 minutes taking formal pictures after the wedding. Also, arrangements to take pictures prior to the wedding should be within the time frame of the wedding and not interfere with a proceeding event. Photographers are not allowed in the sanctuary (area surrounding the altar) during the ceremony. Flash photography is NOT allowed at any time.