Have you been away from the Church?
Are you thinking about coming back?
Do you know someone who wants to come home to the Catholic Church, but is struggling with their faith?
Maybe you or someone you know has experienced one of these thoughts:
- I grew up Catholic, but at some point, I just stopped going to Church…
- I just moved to a new city, I tried going to a couple different parishes, but I never really felt welcomed...
- After my marriage ended, I felt uncomfortable around my family, friends and parish…
- I just don't understand why the Church teaches what it does! Some teachings seem so outdated…
- I tried to contact my parish about getting married but no one got back to me…
If you have experienced one of these situations or thoughts you are not alone. The Church wants you to know that you are a child of God, called by name, precious in his eyes and loved by him (Is. 43:1,4). The Church also wants you to know that you are missed. When one member of the Body of Christ suffers, the entire Body of the Church suffers.
The links below go to resources to help you rediscover the Catholic faith and answer questions about the Church and Church teachings. We invite you to explore this site and contact us at 688-4815 when you are ready to proceed with your journey.
PRAYER IN THE LIFE OF THE CHURCH
- Common Catholic Prayers
- How to Pray the Rosary
- Advent - the time of preparation that directs our hearts and minds to Christ’s second coming at the end of time and also to the anniversary of the Lord’s birth on Christmas.
- Lent - a personal time of surrender, confession, baptismal renewal, prayer to strengthen our faith journey
Source: U S Catholic Bishops